to full description of the project »
The Italian Trust Fund supports this project that
provides assistance to SEE environmental NGOs wishing to upgrade their networking
and improving cooperation. The project will achieve this goal by creating and supporting
environmental NGO electronic communication networks.
This project will be implemented in four major components:
- institutional strengthening (supporting working groups of networks
- improving the electronic communication skills of environmental
NGOs (capacity building);
- creating and running regional environmental NGO information centres
(online portals and services); and
- providing technical assistance to participating NGOs (computer
The REC, in cooperation with the Italian association L’Umana
Dimora, will organise a series of study tours between South Eastern
European countries and Italian partner organizations. The REC will
implement those project activities which will take place in South Eastern European countries. L’Umana Dimora will implement study tours in Italy.
Italian experts will be used to deliver study tours in
the following topics:
- environmental NGO management;
- development of Internet content;
- media and communications research;
- communication skills (media relations, online newspapers).
The current project builds on the results of a networking project that
was implemented within the Regional Environmental Reconstruction Programme
for South Eastern Europe by the Regional Environmental Center for Central
and Eastern Europe (REC).